Help, if you don’t mind!
I’d like to flesh out our collection of complex numbers mistakes. If you’re teaching this topic in the next few months, could you send me some pictures of mistakes? I’m looking for all sorts of mistakes — either common or uncommon errors.
In the meantime, would you take a second and comment about a complex numbers mistake that you’re used to seeing from your students?
When you’re done with that, check out some of the new mistakes that I just posted…
- Going 4325 mph, or how do you help kids check their problems for reasonableness?
- Integrating by parts, and a reflection on working through unfamiliar subject areas through mistakes.
- A fascinating fraction addition mistake.
- A time-telling puzzle. (We’ve got the answer, but I’m withholding it.)
- Decimals are hard.
- So are fractions and negative numbers.
Thanks for all the great mistakes and comments lately, guys. Keep up the great work!